The best season of the year is here-summer! And along with summer comes lots of delicious ripe fruit like pineapple. This super-hydrating fruit has a very high water content of 87% water and contains a powerhouse of nutrients. While many of us already enjoy this delicious fruit, here are six more reasons to consume it as much as possible this season.
- The tropical fruit has many beneficial properties, including powerful antioxidant activity. One cup of fresh pineapple chunks has about 80 calories.
- Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C and a significant source of potassium and dietary fiber.
- It helps with proper metabolism because of its key nutrient manganese.
- It is surprisingly versatile in cuisine: It can be enjoyed fresh, grilled, baked, broiled, poached, roasted, sauteed or stir-fried.
- Pineapple can be useful in the treatment of sports injuries, thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of bromelain- Bromelain makes the fruit an anti-inflammatory agent that can help with reducing swelling and bruising after your summer activities.
- The vitamin C in the pineapple juice may also help to protect against heart disease!